The Legal Bit
With each order I will provide a copy of the following terms and conditions with your contract to ensure that your cake will be designed, made and delivered according to specifications
General terms and conditions
My designs and cakes are owned by Gateau Alchemy of Bridgwater, United Kingdom. If you have any queries about these terms and conditions or if you have any comments or complaints on or about my website, you can contact me at email@example.com.
The contract between us
With the exception of wedding cake purchases, I must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. For wedding cakes I ask for a £100 deposit to confirm your date and booking. 6 months prior to your wedding i require a 50% payment of the total and the balance is due 28 days before the date the cake is delivered. Once payment has been received by me I will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. My acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
For celebration cakes I require the full balance to be paid in order to book the date.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Gateau Alchemy. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying, storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non commercial use, is prohibited without my permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website for any purpose.
Accuracy of content
I have taken care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all goods have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. Any weights, dimensions and capacities given about the goods are approximate only.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If I do not have the date available I will inform you as soon as possible.
You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point on which you confirm your order in writing and apply your signature.
You are able to discuss changes with Gateau Alchemy however I have the right to refuse any changes if this significantly alters the value of the product or makes the order an impossibility to complete.
The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in my quotation. All prices are inclusive of VAT and delivery where applicable, at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information.
I will charge your account for payment upon receipt of your order. I accept no liability if a delivery is delayed because you did not give me the correct payment details. If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the goods from your account then I can cancel the contract and or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights I may have.
Delivery charges vary according to the delivery address and cannot be refunded.
- You must indicate on the order form your preferred option. For wedding cake orders we ask for an indicative time which we will aim to deliver by but we reserve the right to contact the customer or the venue to agree to amend the time if necessary.
Delivery (Excluding Weddinf Cakes)
- My delivery charge is included in your quotation.
- I need at least seven days notice for any deliveries. I deliver Tuesday to Saturday between 10am and 6.00pm. For non-wedding cake orders I offer two delivery options 10am to 12.30pm or 2.30pm to 6.00pm.
- I will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate. You must be available to accept delivery of you cake. I cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the goods once they have been delivered (unless this is caused by my negligence). I will aim to deliver the goods by the date quoted for delivery but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond my reasonable control, the delivery date will be extended by a reasonable period and I will contact you to arrange an alternative time.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and I will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
- Cakes should be stored in a cool dark place and on a flat stable surface. Cakes should not be refrigerated. If stored correctly chocolate or vanilla sponges should last for five days and fruit cakes for three months. Please avoid direct sunlight and hot environmets as this can adversely affect the cake
Deliver - Wedding Cakes
- My delivery charge is included in your quotation.
- I will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate and that you provide a time that you want the cake to be delivered and set up by. Once I have set up I will no longer be responsible for any damage to the cake by any third parties once it has been delivered. If I am delayed due to any cause beyond reasonable control I will contact to arrange an alternative time.
- High temperatures can adversely affect your cake so it is your responsibility to ensure that your venue provides a suitable position for the cake out of direct sunlight, away from unnecessary heat and on a flat and stable surface.
Under the Distance Selling Regulations for non-personalized or non-food items you have the right to cancel your order for any reason within 7 days of placing your order. However, as our cakes and other food products are made to order and personalized to your specifications, orders cannot be cancelled once the cake has been made. However, should you wish to change or cancel your order at any time please contact me in writing immediately and I will do my best to meet your needs.
-I reserve the right to charge a small administration fee on non-wedding cake orders if you cancel your order or amend it. There will be no refund for cakes cancelled less than five days before collection or delivery.
- For wedding cakes if the order is cancelled less that 6 months before the wedding 10% of the deposit will be forefit and the rest refunded. Less than 3 months to the Wedding 20% will be forefit and less that 28 days before the wedding the entire deposit will be forefit for refund.
Cancellation by me
I reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- If I am incapacitated medically.
If I do cancel your contract I will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. However I will do my best to come up with a suitable alternative should I fall ill or become unable to complete your order.
Additional items, such as cake stands, must be returned within 48 hours of the event, unless agreed by Gateau Alchemy.
There is a hire charge for stands, included in total price, and a deposit charge. The deposit is refundable provided the rental item(s) is (are) returned in the same exact condition within 48 hours of the delivery time and date, unless otherwise agreed. After 48 hours, the deposit is forfeited.
- Gateau Alchemy shall not be liable for any consequential loss of the customer whether this arises from a breach of contract or any other way.
- Gateau Alchemy's total liability for any claim howsoever arising shall not exceed the price paid by the customer for the goods supplied by Gateau Alchemy.
- Please note pictures are for general illustration only and the product may vary from that shown.
- Your statuary rights are not affected by any statement contained in this document or our website
- Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to me must be in writing and sent to my contact address at 31 Mount Street, Bridgwater, TA6 3ER and all notices from us to you will be sent via the email address you have provided.
Changes to legal notices
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected
Third party rights
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party
In the case of an emergency or an error in your cake delivery please contact me immediately so I can fix the issue right away! If you are unhappy with your cake, for any reason, please call me on the day of your event and explain the situation. In the rare case that you are unhappy with your cake and would like a refund, you must call the day of the event so your cake can be returned. Without proof that you are indeed unhappy with the product and will not be using it for your event, we will be unable to refund any portion of your payment.